This challenge is no longer accepting new submissions.
Addressing Opioid Use Disorder in Pregnant Women and New Moms
Find solutions to help pregnant women & new moms with opioid use disorder.
Department of Health and Human Services - Health Resources and Services Administration
Submission Start: 09/19/2018 09:00 AM ET
Submission End: 12/03/2018 08:00 PM ET
This challenge is externally hosted.
You can view the challenge details here: https://mchbgrandchallenges.hrsa.gov/challenges/addressing-opioid-use-disorder-pregnant-women-and-new-moms
Women who are pregnant or new mothers struggling with Opioid Use Disorder face a variety of barriers in obtaining safe and effective care and treatment. Women and families in rural and under-resourced communities are particularly affected. Barriers may include but are not limited to:
- limited access to:
- local providers with both the training and capacity to meet patient treatment and recovery needs;
- family-centered, trauma-informed treatment and recovery approaches that include integrated supports;
- adequate care and long-term supports for infants born with Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome;
- significant stigma, prejudice, and discrimination which may hamper seeking treatment;
- interactions with the criminal justice system; and
- limited social supports such as transportation, safe housing, and employment.
The Addressing Opioid Use Disorder in Pregnant Women and New Moms Challenge will award $375,000 in prizes to support tech innovations to improve access to quality health care, including substance use disorder treatment, recovery, and support services for pregnant women with opioid use disorders, their infants, and families, especially those in rural and geographically isolated areas.
Cash Prize Amount: $375,000
Phase 1 (9/19/2018 – 12/3/2018)
Cash Prize Amount: $100,000
Phase 2 (2/19/2019 – 8/26/2019)
Cash Prize Amount: $150,000
Phase 3 (12/2/2019 – 11/27/2020)
Cash Prize Amount: $125,000