Posted By: Department of Defense--Military Programs
Category: Designs Skill: Graphic Design Submission Dates: 12 a.m. ET, Jul 13, 2016 - 11:59 p.m. ET, Aug 31, 2016 Judging Dates: Sep 01, 2016 - Sep 10, 2016
Command Sergeant Major Christopher S. Kepner, the 11th Command Sergeant Major of the Army National Guard, is requesting design ideas for his new challenge coin. He believes his coin should be a reflection of the entire enlisted corps and Soldiers have the best ideas on how this coin should look. Members of the Army National Guard in the grades of E1 through E6 may submit their challenge coin design for CSM Kepner’s considerations.
Learn more about Challenge Coins here: http://www.gxonline.com/
11th Command Sergeant Major of the Army National Guard
CSM Kepner will select the winner personally
Add to the Discussion
- Contestants must be Army National Guard Soldiers in the grade of E1-E6.
- Only one entry per Contestant may be submitted.
- Entries must be submitted no later than August 31st, 2016, at 11:59 pm (EDT).
- Only work that is entirely the unique, original creation of the individual Contestant is eligible for the Challenge. Do not submit work that contains anything traced or otherwise copied from any pre-existing material (such as clip art) even if it is “public domain” or “royalty-free.” Works of which any part has been traced or otherwise copied from any pre-existing materials are not eligible.
- Artwork should reflect the entire enlisted corps. Must contain the phrase “Citizen-Soldier at the Ready”. Must show Command Sergeant Major rank. Must indicate the coin is from the Command Sergeant Major of the Army National Guard. There is no shape requirement for the coin.
- The theme must be depicted visually in one or a combination of media, such as acrylics, watercolor, pencil, charcoal, marker, spray paint, crayon, pastels or digital software.
- All entries must be submitted on Challenge.gov.
- Design entry must be uploaded as a .jpg or PDF file.
- All entries for appropriateness and compliance with the Official Rules. Entries that do not meet eligibility or design requirements, or do not fully comply with the Official Rules, will not be considered.
- Command Sergeant Major Kepner will personally select the design that best reflect the entire enlisted corps.
- All Contestants will receive an acknowledgment letter. This letter will be e-mailed to the e-mail addresses provided at the time of submission.
- There winner will be presented with the first coin.