This challenge is no longer accepting new submissions.
MGMWERX Space Case Study Prize Challenge
Are you an up-and-coming subject matter expert in the space domain? Air University invites graduate-level students to share their knowledge.
Department of Defense - U.S. Air Force
Partner Agencies | Federal: Air Force Air University
Partner Agencies | Non-federal: MGMWERX
Submission Start: 06/22/2020 12:00 PM ET
Submission End: 07/21/2020 12:59 AM ET
We are seeking to rapidly solicit academic research in the form of case studies about the space domain for use in classroom instruction. As part of the Chief of Staff of the Air Force’s priorities on space education, Air University (AU) at Maxwell Air Force Base seeks case studies relating to the space domain, from sources outside of the Department of Defense. The anticipated outcome is to expose AU to non-military professionals’ thought relating to the space domain.
Submit Your Ideas
Solutions can be submitted between the start and end dates published below. Late solutions will not be allowed, and only solutions submitted on the challenge submission site will be accepted for consideration. The submission platform requires a written summary of your concept, which will be visible or “open” to any registered user of the submission platform. There is a provision to upload your case study to a location that is only visible to the U.S. Air Force and MGMWERX. No information that is declared to be proprietary information will be made public, unless posted by the submitter in a public field on the submission form.
- 6/22/2020: Submissions phase opens at 11:00 AM CST, June 22
- 7/20/2020: Submissions phase closes at 11:59 PM CST, July 20
- 7/20/2020 - 7/31/2020: USAF Review, Selection, and Invitation - During this phase, a team of Air Force customers will review and evaluate solution proposals.
- All submissions that are deemed reasonable by the review panel will receive $1,000.
- Additional cash prizes will be awarded to 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place.
- All participants will share an opportunity to help the USAF and improve the operational effectiveness of the people that keep us safe.
Additional challenge information as well as the submission page is found at the challenge website: https://mgmwerx.org/spacechallenge/.
For questions about the challenge, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Judging criteria can be found at the challenge website: https://mgmwerx.org/spacechallenge/.
How to Enter
Those submitting case studies should submit their documents by way of our challenge website.
Submission URL: https://mgmwerx.org/spacechallenge/
Submission Email: Submissions through the challenge website is the preferred method.