This challenge is externally hosted.
You can view the challenge details here: https://www.innocentive.com/ar/challenge/9933931
In remote sensing the highest spatial resolution images are panchromatic grey scale images. Unfortunately the lack of color makes the images less useful and can hinder or prevent an accurate assessment of the information contained within the image. This may be made even more problematic if an imaged area contains fleeting activity and there is insufficient time to obtain color imagery of the area. The Seeker desires demonstration of a method to rapidly and accurately colorize a panchromatic image to aid in the analysis of such images under these circumstances. This goes well beyond simple colorization of an old black and white image in terms of the size of the image and the speed at which the colorization must be accomplished. Panchromatic images of interest typically run to the tens or hundreds of thousands of pixels square and can be upward of ten gigabytes in size and must be computed in a matter of hours.
- May not be a Federal entity.
- May not be a Federal employee acting within the scope of their employment. Federal employees may not pursue an application while in the Federal workplace or while on duty.
- Employees of NGA and NGA support contractors directly supporting the development or execution of this challenge, including their spouses and dependents for tax year 2018, are not eligible to participate.
- Federal grantees may not use Federal funds to develop challenge applications unless consistent with the purpose of their grant award.
- Federal contractors may not use Federal funds from a contract to develop challenge applications or to fund efforts in support of a challenge submission.
- May not be a judge of the Challenge, or any other party involved in the design, production, execution, or distribution of the Challenge or the immediate family of such a party (i.e. spouse, parent, step-parent, child, or step-child).
Note: Additional information is provided in the challenge hosts specific agreement.