We have found that making the letters and process look similar to current Public Office correspondence works best.
SMUSD VERIFICATION PROCEDURES
ONE WEEK PRIOR – CALL (POS) software TO MAKE SURE THE LATEST VERSION AND INSTRUCTIONS HAVE BEEN SENT FOR VERIFICATION ACCORDING TO STATE COMPLIANCE.
- County import to (POS system)
- Make sure all applications are scanned and validated.
- Update template letters in (POS system) and all supporting documents from CNIPS
- Prep binders, labels, envelopes
- Start verification process in (POS system)
- Mail out Notification to Household letter with supporting documents (See Attachment A).
- Mail out 2″d letter of request with supporting documents (See Attachment B).
- Send out email notification using Black Board (See Attachment B).
ONE WEEK PRIOR TO EXPIRATION DATE
- Mail out Final request letter to remaining non-verified household. (See Attachment C).
LAST OPERATING DAY OF OCTOBER
- Close Verification, and expire non-verified students at the end of the school day.
- Mail out Benefit change/Termination Letter to all non-verified households. (See Attachment D).
INCOMPLETE – Missing information on received documentation
- Mail out Missing Information Letter (See Attachment E).
- Follow up with a call to the household.
VERIFICATION FOR CAUSE APPLICATIONS:
For cause, applications are done as needed separately from the yearly verification process.