Challenge Manager User Guide
This guide provides step-by-step instructions for challenge manager use of Challenge.Gov. Navigate through the right side menu to select an area to learn more.
Collect public solver submissions to your challenge via the Challenge.Gov portal. Should you prefer to collect and manage public solver submissions external to the Challenge.Gov platform see Manage Submissions Externally.
The submission form is standard across all challenges. Data fields included on the submission form are as follows:
- Title: Open text field to provide a name for the submission (required)
- Brief Description: (up to 500 characters, text editor tool available) - This serves as a brief summary of the submission (required)
- Description: (no character limit, text editor tool available) - Detailed submission content (required)
- Upload files: Allowed file types: pdf, .txt, .csv, .jpg, .png, .tiff (optional)
- External URL: Link to webpage for additional submission content (optional)
- Acknowledgement of Rules, Terms & Conditions: A link is provided to the Rules tab of your challenge listing allowing participants to review the details before acknowledging (required)
- If there are specific pieces of information you wish to collect, you can include a submission template as part of your “How to Enter” instructions detailing the information solvers must provide. The completed form can then be uploaded and included as part of their submission.
- You should limit the Personally Identifiable Information (PII) solvers are requested to provide as part of the submission process. Examples of PII that should generally not be collected via the Challenge.Gov submission form include: SSN, financial documents, agreements, participant address. You should also consult your agency’s Paperwork Reduction Act (PRA) office for review and approval of any questions solvers are asked to answer.
- You will be able to view submissions while the submission period is open, however, public solvers are able to revise their submissions at any point prior to the submission deadline. Therefore, you will only be able to download submissions and progress them through the challenge phases once the submission period has closed.